Application.cfm and AJAX
I had someone email me with the following question today:
I'm developing a ColdFusion app with Prototype. Seems Ajax.updater wants to insert my application.cfm code into my div along with responseText. How can I stop this?
This question brought up two good points. First the simple answer to his questions is that you can reset the output buffer using
The second point is that, for reasons like this it's not usually a good idea to output anything in
OnRequestEnd.cfm. It's better to just
cfinclude a header and footer template.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Application.cfm and AJAX was first published on February 05, 2007.
If you like reading about cfml, ajax, cfcontent, coldfusion, or prototype then you might also like:
- URL Safe Base64 Encoding / Decoding in CFML
- Using Hashicorp Vault with ColdFusion
- CFML Left and Right Functions can Accept Negative Counts
- Dumping HTTP Servlet Request Attributes and Parameters in CF
- 6 ways to stay connected with other CF developers
- ColdFusion Function Arguments now support Integer
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.