Google Sitemaps Accepts RSS and Atom Feeds
Google sitemaps now accepts RSS 2.0 and Atom 0.3 feeds. They do recommend that you configure your feed to show all articles, not just the most recent ones.
They also accept a text file with one url per line. This is the same format that Yahoo is using for their new sitemaps feature.
And finally they also accept sitemaps in the OAI-PMH (Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) format. I'm not too familiar with this format yet.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Google Sitemaps Accepts RSS and Atom Feeds was first published on September 12, 2005.
If you like reading about google, sitemaps, seo, rss, atom, feeds, or yahoo then you might also like:
- Yahoo Pipes Generates Invalid RSS Feeds
- Foundeo's 2007 End of the Year Sale
- Pinging Search Engines when Sitemaps Change
- Sitemap hint in robots.txt
- Google Site Verification
- Loss of traffic due to Google sitemaps
- Google Sitemaps Protocol
- Googlebot to Submit Web Forms