Google Sitemaps Accepts RSS and Atom Feeds
Google sitemaps now accepts RSS 2.0 and Atom 0.3 feeds. They do recommend that you configure your feed to show all articles, not just the most recent ones.
They also accept a text file with one url per line. This is the same format that Yahoo is using for their new sitemaps feature.
And finally they also accept sitemaps in the OAI-PMH (Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) format. I'm not too familiar with this format yet.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
You might also like:
- Yahoo Pipes Generates Invalid RSS Feeds - February 22, 2007
- Foundeo's 2007 End of the Year Sale - December 21, 2007
- Pinging Search Engines when Sitemaps Change - July 18, 2007
- Sitemap hint in robots.txt - June 13, 2007
- Google Site Verification - September 12, 2005
- Loss of traffic due to Google sitemaps - July 24, 2005
- Google Sitemaps Protocol - June 6, 2005
- Googlebot to Submit Web Forms - April 23, 2008