If-Modified-Since and CFML Part III
Roger Benningfield pointed out to me that most clients use a value from a
Last-Modified header as the value sent in the
If-Modified-Since. So you will want to ensure that you are setting that header as well, if your planning on checking for
If-Modified-Since. To add it simply use the cfheader tag:
<cfheader name="Last-Modified" value="#lastModifiedDate#">
Again make sure the date uses the correct format, use the GetHttpTimeString() function.
Roger also has a post on supporting conditional GETs with CF. I will post some info on ETags soon.
- If-Modified-Since and CFML Part II - February 18, 2005
- Supporting If-Modified-Since HTTP header in CFML - February 18, 2005
- 8 Ways to Save Bandwidth on your RSS Feed - July 12, 2007
- Parsing RSS 1.0 with ColdFusion MX - April 8, 2004
- RSS and XPath - April 8, 2004
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides