Godaddy Hosting mod_rewrite with .htaccess Files
I have been testing out the Linux ColdFusion hosting on Godaddy. One thing I use a lot however is mod_rewrite, but I've been having some issues so far. Here are some tips that I've found so far about this
- Changes to the .htaccess file may take up to one hour before you will see them.
- Make sure you have added RewriteEngine on to your .htaccess
- Another blogger has pointed out that URL's that have .php are processed before mod_rewrite (so your rules may not work on those urls).
- It looks like you may need to add Options +FollowSymLinks to your .htaccess file.
- Make sure you have spelled htaccess correctly, two
c's and two
- You might require a
/in the second part of your RewriteRule.
Here's an example
.htaccess file for mod_rewrite on Godaddy:
Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^/foo /test.cfm?path=foo
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Godaddy Hosting mod_rewrite with .htaccess Files was first published on March 14, 2007.