Adobe Says Go Ahead and Upgrade your ColdFusion JVM
This probably flew under the radar to many but Adobe has recently updated one of their support docs on upgrading JVM in ColdFusion, they now clearly state that you can upgrade to the latest minor release of a supported jvm version in ColdFusion:
All ColdFusion users can upgrade Java to the latest minor version for their ColdFusion servers. For example, ColdFusion customers using jdk 1.6.0_x can upgrade to the latest jdk 1.6.0_x update. (At the time of writing, the current version is jdk 1.6.0_35.) All future JDK 1.6.0_x releases are supported.
See http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/upgrading-java-coldfusion.html for details.
This is great news because Oracle frequently releases security and bug fixes for Java, and ColdFusion customers have been reluctant to upgrade the JVM in the past due to worry about Adobe Support.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Adobe Says Go Ahead and Upgrade your ColdFusion JVM was first published on October 24, 2012.
If you like reading about coldfusion, java, or jvm then you might also like:
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- Getting Size of Heap and Non Heap Memory in CFML
- OutOfMemoryError - GC overhead limit exceeded
- Spring4Shell and ColdFusion
- Log4j CVE-2021-44228 Log4Shell Vulnerability on ColdFusion / Lucee
- URL Safe Base64 Encoding / Decoding in CFML
- Enabling Unlimited Strength Cryptography in ColdFusion
- HashDOS and ColdFusion
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.