Building iPhone Android Apps with jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap Slides
I gave a presentation to my local ColdFusion users group in December on Building Mobile Apps for iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) and Android devices using jQuery Mobile, and PhoneGap. The presentation focused more on jQueryMobile than PhoneGap, since phonegap is pretty straight forward once you have setup an example project. You can find the jQueryMobile PhoneGap Slides here and the code samples.
Overall PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile make a great combo for any web developer looking to get into mobile application development.
Here's an iPhone App I built for one of my clients using PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile to allow members of their site Golf Score Keeper to track their golf scores and stats on their Phone. Android version will be coming soon.
I'm also using jQuery Mobile with PhoneGap to build a mileage tracking & reimbursement app.
- Getting Started with jQuery Mobile - October 29, 2010
- Blackberry WebWorks AJAX Problems - May 9, 2011
- Howto Distribute an iPhone App for Testing - January 27, 2011
- HTML5 Input Type Keyboards on iPhone & Android Devices - November 15, 2010
- Howto Install and Run the Android Emulator - August 20, 2010
See http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/34483744/PhoneGap-Eclipse-PlugIn-for-Android for a simpler Phonegap Android Eclipse experience.
It also includes templates for jQuery Mobile and Sencha Touch projects.
Are you willing to explain in detail how you login to the remote website and store the coookie so you only have to check the cookie @ serverside ?
I have a login but am not able to fix the cookie stuff so I can develop the rest because auth is OK.
I hop you are willing to tell this as this question is asked a lot and never answered anywhere :)
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained
- How to Resolve Java HTTPS Exceptions