Salesforce API HasOptedOutOfEmail INVALID_FIELD
I was doing some consulting work for a client using the Salesforce.com API with ColdFusion I was getting the following error:
INVALID_FIELD: SELECT HasOptedOutOfEmail, Email, FirstName ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:8 No such column 'HasOptedOutOfEmail' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
To resolve this you need to login to Salesforce.com account, and go to Setup, then Under App Setup » Customize » Contacts » Fields. Click Email Opt Out click View Field Accessibility select the type of user you are using it will probably say Hidden for all, then check Visible, and Save.
From there you should be able to query the HasOptedOutOfEmail field in salesforce api.
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained