Do Not Reply
Have you ever sent email using a
firstname.lastname@example.org from email address? I have done this many times myself, but then the other day I realized that this practice makes no sense, at least for businesses.
When I got an email last week with such a bold DO-NOT-REPLY from address after placing an order, I had several thoughts... What happens if I do actually reply? What If I have a question, how can I contact you, why can't I just reply to this email? What if I just had a really good suggestion to share, oh well? Why don't they want my communication?
I think we use the
noreply as developers a lot of times without thinking how it will be perceived to customers - "this company doesn't want to talk to me".
There are probably some cases where the
noreply makes sense, but they are few and far between.
Please DO NOT post a comment either!
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained
- How to Resolve Java HTTPS Exceptions