Right Click - Edit with Notepad
Developers and system administrators often need to open files of types that aren't mapped to a particular program. This ofcourse requires that slow "Open With" window to pop up. A trick I recently found is to add a shortcut to the right click menu, to open files with notepad.
This is done by editing the registry, under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\ There may or may not be a key under the * called Shell, if its not there create a key called
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\. Under the
Shell key create a key called
Notepad, and under notepad create a key called
Command. So now you shold be in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Notepad\Command. Set the value of
(Default) in the Command key to be
notepad %1 or the path to another text editor.
Now when you right click on any file there will be a item in the menu called Notepad, that you can use to open the file with notepad.
- Right Click to Open Command Prompt in Directory - July 22, 2004
- Seinfeld's Productivity Tip - July 24, 2007
- Apple 30 Inch Cinema Display Boosts Productivity up to 73% - March 27, 2006
- Increase Productivity with Action Tagging - August 1, 2005
- xcopy - Handy tool on windows - December 9, 2003
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides