Use Amazon SimpleDB for Free
Amazon has announced a new pricing tier today for their web services based distributed database engine SimpleDB. They have lowered storage price by 83% ($0.25/gb/month), and added a free usage tier.
Each month, there is no charge for the first 25 machine hours, 1 GB of data transfer (in and out), and 1 GB of storage that you use.
Amazon promises to keep the free usage tier in place for at least 6 months, but I think it may become a permanent fixture. More than anything else this will open up their platform to a lot of new developers, who will build applications that will eventually use and transfer more than 1GB of data.
SimpleDB and ColdFusion
There are a few ways you can use Amazon's SimpleDB web service with CFML. First the AWS Console Project has a SimpleDB CFC that you can use.
You can also use Amazon's SimpleDB Java Library API with ColdFusion.
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee