ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks
It was nice to see that two of the quirks that I talk about in my Image Processing in ColdFusion 8 presentation were fixed in ColdFusion 8, Update 1 - they are:
- The cfimage tag and image functions now retain EXIF data after operating on an image.
- The height and width attributes are now optional for cfimage action=captcha. If you omit these options ColdFusion sizes the Captcha image to fit the generated text. This is nice because if you specified a height or width that was too small it would throw an exception!
They also added two other enhancements / fixes in this update:
- The cfimage tag now supports alt, style, and other standard HTML image attributes.
- If you specify an image that uses the CMYK color space for the image border, ColdFusion converts it to the RGB color space. The source image is not changed.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
You might also like:
- 10 Most Useful Image Functions in ColdFusion 8 - April 5, 2008
- Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8 - October 26, 2007
- ColdFusion 8 Image Manipulation Presentation Recording - October 26, 2007
- CFImage Presentation Outline - September 14, 2007
- CFImage Effects Library for ColdFusion 8 - August 9, 2007
- 6 ways to stay connected with other CF developers - March 26, 2020
- ColdFusion Function Arguments now support Integer - September 12, 2019
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle - May 14, 2019
Please i have a problem displaying an image from a byte array with cf8. the byte array is actually received from a java sdk function of the fingerprint device. it contains the image of the fingerprint captured.. but coldfusion says the file is invalid. thanks
Hey Tola, It seems your further then I am. I have a time clock application that needs fingerprint authentication with cf8 on windows 2k3. how should I get started to get CF to work with a finger print reader/scannner?