ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks
It was nice to see that two of the quirks that I talk about in my Image Processing in ColdFusion 8 presentation were fixed in ColdFusion 8, Update 1 - they are:
- The cfimage tag and image functions now retain EXIF data after operating on an image.
- The height and width attributes are now optional for cfimage action=captcha. If you omit these options ColdFusion sizes the Captcha image to fit the generated text. This is nice because if you specified a height or width that was too small it would throw an exception!
They also added two other enhancements / fixes in this update:
- The cfimage tag now supports alt, style, and other standard HTML image attributes.
- If you specify an image that uses the CMYK color space for the image border, ColdFusion converts it to the RGB color space. The source image is not changed.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks was first published on April 05, 2008.
If you like reading about cfimage, exif, captcha, image processing, coldfusion, or cfml then you might also like:
- 10 Most Useful Image Functions in ColdFusion 8
- Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8
- ColdFusion 8 Image Manipulation Presentation Recording
- CFImage Presentation Outline
- CFImage Effects Library for ColdFusion 8
- CFML Left and Right Functions can Accept Negative Counts
- Dumping HTTP Servlet Request Attributes and Parameters in CF
- 6 ways to stay connected with other CF developers
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.