ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks
It was nice to see that two of the quirks that I talk about in my Image Processing in ColdFusion 8 presentation were fixed in ColdFusion 8, Update 1 - they are:
- The cfimage tag and image functions now retain EXIF data after operating on an image.
- The height and width attributes are now optional for cfimage action=captcha. If you omit these options ColdFusion sizes the Captcha image to fit the generated text. This is nice because if you specified a height or width that was too small it would throw an exception!
They also added two other enhancements / fixes in this update:
- The cfimage tag now supports alt, style, and other standard HTML image attributes.
- If you specify an image that uses the CMYK color space for the image border, ColdFusion converts it to the RGB color space. The source image is not changed.
Permalink | Add Comment | add to del.icio.us | Tags: cfimage, exif, captcha, image processing, coldfusion, cfml
- 10 Most Useful Image Functions in ColdFusion 8 - April 5, 2008
- Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8 - October 26, 2007
- ColdFusion 8 Image Manipulation Presentation Recording - October 26, 2007
- CFImage Presentation Outline - September 14, 2007
- CFImage Effects Library for ColdFusion 8 - August 9, 2007
Please i have a problem displaying an image from a byte array with cf8. the byte array is actually received from a java sdk function of the fingerprint device. it contains the image of the fingerprint captured.. but coldfusion says the file is invalid. thanks
Hey Tola, It seems your further then I am. I have a time clock application that needs fingerprint authentication with cf8 on windows 2k3. how should I get started to get CF to work with a finger print reader/scannner?
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee