Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8
One example that I've been meaning to post is how to get Image Metadata using the Exchangeable Image File Format or EXIF a using ColdFusion 8. It's actually quite simple, to get a list of all the EXIF tags simply use the
Here's a quick example:
<cfimage action="read" source="#ExpandPath("lobster.jpg")#" name="img"> <cfset exif = ImageGetEXIFMetaData(img)> <cfdump var="#exif#">
Here's a screen shot of a CFDUMP of the EXIF Image Metadata.
As you can see some of the useful keys are
Model which gives you the digital camera model (Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi in this example),
Make gives you the digital camera brand (Canon),
Exposure Time gives you the exposure time (1/60 sec).
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8 was first published on October 26, 2007.
If you like reading about coldfusion 8, cfimage, exif, imagegetexifmetadata, cfml, or examples then you might also like:
- CFImage Presentation Outline
- ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks
- 10 Most Useful Image Functions in ColdFusion 8
- CFImage Effects Library for ColdFusion 8
- Implicit Structure Notation ColdFusion
- 3 New Image Effects for ColdFusion 8
- ColdFusion 8 Image Manipulation Presentation Recording
- CFThread - Don't Abuse It
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.