Getting EXIF Metadata with ColdFusion 8
One example that I've been meaning to post is how to get Image Metadata using the Exchangeable Image File Format or EXIF a using ColdFusion 8. It's actually quite simple, to get a list of all the EXIF tags simply use the
Here's a quick example:
<cfimage action="read" source="#ExpandPath("lobster.jpg")#" name="img"> <cfset exif = ImageGetEXIFMetaData(img)> <cfdump var="#exif#">
Here's a screen shot of a CFDUMP of the EXIF Image Metadata.
As you can see some of the useful keys are
Model which gives you the digital camera model (Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi in this example),
Make gives you the digital camera brand (Canon),
Exposure Time gives you the exposure time (1/60 sec).
- CFImage Presentation Outline - September 14, 2007
- ColdFusion 8 Update 1 Fixes some Image Processing Quirks - April 5, 2008
- 10 Most Useful Image Functions in ColdFusion 8 - April 5, 2008
- CFImage Effects Library for ColdFusion 8 - August 9, 2007
- Implicit Structure Notation ColdFusion - January 13, 2009
- SameSite Cookies with IIS
- Facebook API Now Requires Review for user_friends Permission
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements