How to Confuse with Color
This screen shot is taken from a Virtuozzo Power Panel, which despite my complaints here, has some nice features for managing a VPS.
As you can see they use a light shade of red for the red zone, and then red for the black zone. At least they are using yellow for the yellow zone - but what is the difference between each zone, I'm guessing that the black zone is the worst (meaning my resources are low), but it just is a very confusing color scheme.
Above is a screen shot example of the coloring in use. The table header, and alternating row coloring don't help things. Also notice the black text on red background - a color contrast no no.
- Web Design Tips for Programmers - October 28, 2008
- Color Contrast Checker - January 13, 2005
- Kuler Kolors - November 16, 2006
- Usability vs User Experience - June 28, 2006
- Yahoo UI and Design Patterns - February 14, 2006
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained
- How to Resolve Java HTTPS Exceptions
- Tomcat Java 10 on Windows CreateJavaVM Failed
- SameSite Cookies with IIS
- Facebook API Now Requires Review for user_friends Permission
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3