Gravatar's not showing up?
I had been wondering why my Gravatar images haven't been showing up for a while in the comments on my blog. I had thought that it was because Gravatar is moving servers - their homepage currently says:
In order to handle the rapidly increasing load, I've had to experiment with a variety of server architectures. I ask for your patience during the coming weeks as I test out a few setups. The new and improved, vastly more scalable solution, will serve gravatars expediently and reliably.
But when I was over at Jon Hicks blog today, I noticed that his gravatars were working fine.
The problem was that my
Hash had uppercase characters in it (this is because I'm using ColdFusion and its Hash function returns upper case Hex characters. The new gravatar requires a lowercase hash code.
It's a pretty simple fix, just wrap the
Hash call with
- Now with Gravatar - November 15, 2005
- Auto-Linking Comments - June 24, 2005
- Last 100 Comments - May 23, 2005
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2