Monitoring Log files in Realtime on Unix
Here's a handy trick for monitoring log files on unix, linux or mac's.
SSH on to your server then type:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log
The above command will show you the last few lines of the log file, this is no suprise if your fimiliar with
tail command. However the
-f option will print to your console any new lines added to the log file in realtime. So you can get a live view of the traffic on your server.
- The 15 Essential UNIX commands - July 29, 2005
- A good and free log analysis tool - awstats - August 27, 2003
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained
- How to Resolve Java HTTPS Exceptions
- Tomcat Java 10 on Windows CreateJavaVM Failed
- SameSite Cookies with IIS
- Facebook API Now Requires Review for user_friends Permission
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3