I am working on a project that has a database table called
people. Now I am pretty sure that I was the one to name this table so I will take the blame, but it has been kind of hard to work with that name.
- For some reason I have trouble typing
peoplequickly, it tends to be a typo. This is either just me, or due to where the letters are on they keyboard.
- It doesn't make sense to have a singleton called
peopleso you end up naming it
person, this can lead to some confusing naming.
My preference is to use plural words for table names, because you usually have multiple rows in the table, and it reads better in SQL.
There are some cases though, like this one where the plural words can cause a muck. Whare are your naming conventions, and why?
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained