I am working on a project that has a database table called
people. Now I am pretty sure that I was the one to name this table so I will take the blame, but it has been kind of hard to work with that name.
- For some reason I have trouble typing
peoplequickly, it tends to be a typo. This is either just me, or due to where the letters are on they keyboard.
- It doesn't make sense to have a singleton called
peopleso you end up naming it
person, this can lead to some confusing naming.
My preference is to use plural words for table names, because you usually have multiple rows in the table, and it reads better in SQL.
There are some cases though, like this one where the plural words can cause a muck. Whare are your naming conventions, and why?
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides