New ColdFusion MX book published
A new ColdFusion MX book called The ColdFusion MX Developers Cookbook was recently published by SAMS. I Co-Authored the book with Brad Leupen, and Chris Reeves.
The main difference between this book and other ColdFusion books is the format. It is setup as follows:
Technique - Explain the problem in one or two sentences Example - Show the code to solve the problem Comments - Discuss the problem, and the solution in detail
I think the main benefit to that format, is that it works well for both beginners and advanced people. Advanced developers can get the solution in as few words as possible. Beginners can see the solution, and then learn more about it.
The book doesn't cover the fundamentals of ColdFusion, or Programming, it assumes you know how to use what a variable is, and what a conditional is. We had the benefit of assuming the reader was comfortable with these fundamental skills when we wrote it. So if your not comfortable with the fundamentals you should check out some of the other books on the market, and then buy this one :).
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee