Usability vs User Experience
Here is something I hadn't ever pondered: the tradeoff between usability and user experience:
Freeways are usable, since they take you from A to B in the most effortless way. But they are also utterly boring. A twisting mountain road on the other hand is exiting. But far from usable.
According to Baekdal, we end up with mediocrity if we try to balance usability and user-experience. It's like trying to turn a mountain road into a freeway.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
You might also like:
- Cognitive Bias - January 18, 2006
- Security Tradeoffs - August 6, 2009
- On Tradeoffs - November 9, 2007
- How to Confuse with Color - January 4, 2007
- Yahoo UI and Design Patterns - February 14, 2006
- Web Design Patterns - December 6, 2005
- Stupid, Evil, and Lazy Design - July 5, 2005
- New Homepage Design - July 5, 2005