Why no one visits your Website
Scott Heiferman wrote up 50 Reasons Why More People Aren't Using Your Website. It's a good reality check. Nobody wants to use your web site - but they will use it if it's fun, solves a problem, provides them with information, or if they are forced to.
Here are some excerpts from his list that I liked:
- Because it solves a problem they don't have
- Because nobody at work said they should use it
- Because it doesn't save them a ton of time
- Because it doesn't save lives or save the world
- Because they've got jobs & kids & they're busy
- Because they're scared of the computer
- Because it says "tags" or "rss" and they feel stupid
- Because they've never heard of flickr or delicious either
- Because they just don't want to read what you want them to read
I think this list speaks to the fact that you need to be making your web sites as simple, and easy to use as possible. Because people are busy - they don't want to read, or figure out how it works.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Why no one visits your Website was first published on March 31, 2006.