ColdFusion on the TIOBE index
My brother sent me a link to the TIOBE index which has ColdFusion at #13 (up from #26 last year). According to the site:
The TIOBE Programming Community index gives an indication of the popularity of programming languages. The ratings are based on the world-wide availability of skilled engineers, courses and third party vendors.
The index can be used to check whether your programming skills are still up to date or to make a strategic decision about what programming language should be adopted when starting to build a new software system.
Java currently holds the number 1 spot, with PHP at number 4, Perl at 6, and Ruby at 22 (I'm sure ruby has gained quite a bit in the last year as well).
I'm not sure how scientific this index is, but is interesting to note the changes in position.
- Cheat Sheet Roundup - Over 30 Cheatsheets for developers - September 1, 2005
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee - March 21, 2019
- Getting Size of Heap and Non Heap Memory in CFML - July 17, 2013
- Adobe Says Go Ahead and Upgrade your ColdFusion JVM - October 24, 2012
- HashDOS and ColdFusion - December 30, 2011
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained