USB Phone for Skype on Mac
I mentioned previously that I was looking at voip phone services. I decided to go with Skype, and finally got around to getting a USB phone. I ended up going with the IPEVO Free-1 (pictured on the left) mainly because it was one of the few USB phones I could find that supports Mac OS X (it also works well on Windows BTW).
Overall I like the phone it has good quality. It was a lot smaller than I had expected, but it turns out it is just the right size.
The only thing not to like, is the cable - eventually I will probably get a Wireless Wi-Fi Skype Phone, but they are still very new, and kinda pricy. You can also use Bluetooth headsets with skype now. I considered using a bluetooth headset, but I decided that I wanted something that I can dial.
As you can guess device support is one of the main reasons I went with Skype. This IPEVO phone has a button that calls up (it will launch the program, or focus the window if already loaded) skype on your computer, you can then scroll through the contacts, or just dial a number.
- SkypeIn Review - May 2, 2006
- Gizmo vs Skype - January 7, 2006
- Working with /etc/hosts on Mac - December 1, 2008
- Anyone used MacFuse? - January 13, 2007
- Howto Backup your Mac incrementally over SSH - March 10, 2006
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee