Gizmo vs Skype
I have been looking into Skype vs the Gizmo Project a bit today. It can be pretty tricky to choose which service to use - I don't like to run lots of programs at once, so I'd rather just pick one than use both.
Here are some points for comparison:
|People I know use it||-|
|Based on an Open Protocol (SIP)||-|
|Calls are encrypted|
|3 Month Call In Rate||€10 ($12.12)||$12|
|Call Out Rate (US)||€0.017 ($0.021)||$0.01|
|Built-in conversation recording||-|
|Good Area Code Selection||-|
Brian Arnold has a good blog entry on Skype vs Gizmo Project, with lots of discussion in the comments.
If you have any other points of comparison please post them in the comments, Gizmo being SIP based is a big one I think.
- SkypeIn Review - May 2, 2006
- USB Phone for Skype on Mac - March 3, 2006
- Bluetooth Cellphone as skype handset - December 10, 2005
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token