Rob Cameron has just released version 0.1 of ColdFusion on Wheels a MVC framework for ColdFusion, and inspired by Ruby on Rails.
I think a framework like this that can do lots the grunt work for you, is a great match for ColdFusion. Lets not forget while you can build very complex enterprise applications with ColdFusion, most developers are building really simple web sites. ColdFusion's strength is that it is a very abstract, and easy to use language - it should have frameworks that can leverage these strengths.
Rob thanks for taking the initiative!
- CF on Rails - July 24, 2005
- Jobs: ColdFusion vs Ruby - January 22, 2006
- Exploring Ruby on Rails - March 31, 2005
- ColdFusion on the TIOBE index - March 18, 2006
- Cheat Sheet Roundup - Over 30 Cheatsheets for developers - September 1, 2005
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2