New Poll: Do you use RDS?
I have added a new blog poll titled Do You Use RDS? I'm just curious how many people use it. There are lots of reasons not to use it, but I think its still pretty popular.
Here's why some people might use it:
- Easy way to edit files on a remote server. Yes even though making changes to a live web site is generally bad idea, there are times when it comes in really handy. Suppose one of your old clients needs you to update one line of code. You can do this really fast with RDS.
- View database structure. Maybe your developer doesn't have access to the db server, they can use RDS to check out the schema. Yes this can also be a security problem.
- Secure File Editing - Did I just say secure? well yes, if your using it over HTTPS/SSL port 443 then it is secure. Most people use it over port 80 which is not secure. If your using RDS, but not over HTTPS then I suggest you change the port to 443 in your settings.
Please vote on the bottom left of my site. And if you want to leave a comment about why you do or do not use it feel free.
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides