How I block comment spam
You would think that by having custom written blogging software (only two other blogs out there are using this code), and not allowing HTML in comments, that comment spammers would not waste their time on me. But they do.
Why do they bother with me?
Even though their URL will not be hyperlinked on my blog giving them pagerank, they still spam because they are hoping for the following:
- They want me to click on the link before I delete it.
- They are hoping that people subscribed to the comment thread will click on the link.
- They are planting keywords on my pages so that someone searching for the term in google, may find my page, and copy and paste the url.
What I do to block comment spam
Here's what I do to block comment spam on this blog:
- Check HTTP Referrer to make sure it's coming from my site. I know some people like to turn this off in their browser, but they won't be able to post comments unless they turn it on.
- If the comment contains a HTML link I reject it, giving the user a detailed message that tells them to just post the url.
- Check for a set of bad words - my list is very small only about 10 words currently.
- Check for [url] - a lot of comment spammers try to pass the links as [url]http://foo[/url]
- Look for more than 5 url's in the comment. Comment spammers often try to post 10-20 urls at a time, so I just reject them. I use this regular expression
- Battling Comment Spam - January 31, 2007
- Over 90% of trackbacks were spam - March 2, 2006
- Google Blog Search - Not Impressed - September 14, 2005
- Trackback Salt - March 30, 2005
Pls tell me where to place that code in Word press sites
enhanced my knowledge regarding topic and plus has given
alot of ideas which I can think on.
So I would say thank you to the blog owner for providing
this amazing information.
and some info , there very helpfull ,tell them micky h give you there number
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained