New Homepage Design
I redesigned my homepage last week. My goal was to help readers find some of my older posts that may be interesting.
So to start, I added a prominent search box at the top left, I simply use google's search my site for this feature. I may end up switching to CFX_Google so that the search results will stay on my site.
Below the tags I list the top rated entries on my site. These are picked via a democratic voting form found on each blog entry. I can also use this feature to find out what posts you don't like, though I won't feature those on the main page.
Under the top rated entries I list recent comments posted to my site.
Finally below that I make my RSS feed stand out, it can often be very difficult to find someone's rss feed.
I am considering adding randomly selected entries to the home page as well.
What do you think?
- Usability vs User Experience - June 28, 2006
- Cognitive Bias - January 18, 2006
- Fresh coat of paint - August 19, 2005
- Stupid, Evil, and Lazy Design - July 5, 2005
- Usability Tip for Visited Link Colors - March 21, 2005
- Travis CI Error when installing oraclejdk8
- Tuning Tomcat IIS Connectors worker.properties and server.xml
- Push Tomcat logs with the AWS CloudWatch Logs Agent
- Sending nginx access logs to CloudWatch Logs Agent
- Setup CloudWatch Logs Agent on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config