How to add RSS Autodiscovery to your site
I sometimes see web sites or blogs that have RSS feeds, but fail to include the one line of HTML that enables RSS autodiscovery. Even some well known blogs such as 37 Signals - Signal Vs Noise omit the feature. Jason Kottke's blog has autodiscovery support on the main page, but not on his entry pages.
Adding that one line of code to your template will make it easier for people to subscribe to your RSS feed. Here's how:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feed for petefreitag.com" href="/rss/" />
link tag should be added inside the
head tag of your HTML document.
You will of course need to change the value of the
href attributes to fit your needs.
If your feed is an ATOM feed you will want to change the
If you have multiple feeds for the url you can just specify multiple
When you enable autodiscovery for your rss feed it allows browsers and aggregators to automatically detect the RSS feed when your browsing, and it makes it easy for the user to subscribe to it. Both FireFox, and Safari 2.0 support autodiscovery of RSS feeds out of the box, here's what it looks like when you find one:
- Foundeo's 2007 End of the Year Sale - December 21, 2007
- Yahoo Pipes Generates Invalid RSS Feeds - February 22, 2007
- SoloSub is for button addicts - October 6, 2005
- Google Sitemaps Accepts RSS and Atom Feeds - September 12, 2005
- The Proper Content Type for XML Feeds - June 13, 2005
- RSS Autodiscovery Blogantics
- RSS and Atom feeds autodiscovery code RichardByrom.com
- Cara aman Uji coba Amplifier Rakitan Ciledug Media
- Memperkeras suara Amplifier Blazer tanpa disengaja Ciledug Media
- Rumus menghitung Volt Elco Ciledug Media
title="RSS Feed for petefreitag.com"
I should put my site name and my feedburner URL after the href=?
I am on blogger.
Its working! :-)
resort sindh gender utai arizona
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2