Multiple Inserts with MySQL
Andy Jarrett posted this technique for insterting multiple rows (bulk insert) in one SQL statement a few months ago. It's a handy trick:
INSERT INTO x (a,b) VALUES ('1', 'one'), ('2', 'two'), ('3', 'three')
I tried that on a couple hundred thousand rows today, and I got an error that my statement was bigger than the Max Allowed Packet size in MySQL. So keep that in mind when using. You can either change the setting, or go about it a different way.
- Insert Delayed with MySQL - August 2, 2005
- Sphinx - Open Source SQL Full Text Search Engine - November 1, 2006
- Updated SQL Reserved Words Checker - March 28, 2006
- MySQL FULLTEXT Indexing and Searching - September 29, 2005
- SQL to Select a random row from a database table - September 14, 2005
After I restart it spits out duplicate data errors.
What might be the issue?
This is the site I am talking about http://quotes.insurance-forums.net/
any one can help me in inserting data into more than one tables through a single insert query
Mainly did it with "," seperator.
I have used this query to insert multiple record.
There is still a question.
If there are lac of record insert in same query. will there any problem with the query.
or we have to split the query with thousands.
also I want a progress that it will show how much record inserted.
like 2 record inserted the 3,4,5 and so on. is it possible
Thanks in advance.
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained
- How to Resolve Java HTTPS Exceptions