Potential Problems with Google Web Accelerator
Jason Fried of 37Signals writes about some of the potential problems that Google Web Accelerator can cause in your web applications, due to the use of Prefetching within the product.
We discovered this yesterday when a few people were reporting that their Backpack pages were "disappearing". We were stumped until we dug a little deeper and discovered this Web Accelerator behavior.Google Web Accelerator: Hey, not so fast
You should be able to use my code for blocking prefetch to solve this potential problem.
Between this, and their AutoLink feature in the google toolbar - Google is starting to get intrusive.
- Blocking Mozilla / Google Prefetch - April 6, 2005
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2