Potential Problems with Google Web Accelerator
Jason Fried of 37Signals writes about some of the potential problems that Google Web Accelerator can cause in your web applications, due to the use of Prefetching within the product.
We discovered this yesterday when a few people were reporting that their Backpack pages were "disappearing". We were stumped until we dug a little deeper and discovered this Web Accelerator behavior.Google Web Accelerator: Hey, not so fast
You should be able to use my code for blocking prefetch to solve this potential problem.
Between this, and their AutoLink feature in the google toolbar - Google is starting to get intrusive.
- Blocking Mozilla / Google Prefetch - April 6, 2005
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides