Potential Problems with Google Web Accelerator
Jason Fried of 37Signals writes about some of the potential problems that Google Web Accelerator can cause in your web applications, due to the use of Prefetching within the product.
We discovered this yesterday when a few people were reporting that their Backpack pages were "disappearing". We were stumped until we dug a little deeper and discovered this Web Accelerator behavior.Google Web Accelerator: Hey, not so fast
You should be able to use my code for blocking prefetch to solve this potential problem.
Between this, and their AutoLink feature in the google toolbar - Google is starting to get intrusive.
- Blocking Mozilla / Google Prefetch - April 6, 2005
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained