The Year of the Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger was just delivered to my office from Amazon. I'm pretty impressed, I ordered it with Free Shipping, got a $35 rebate, and it was only 2 business days later than if I ordered direct from Apple. I may post some Tiger realted things once I have it installed, and am done playing with dashboard.
It's not really The Year of the Tiger according to Chinese tradition it is actually The Year of the Rooster - but somehow I don't think Steve Jobs would go for Mac OS X 10.4 Rooster!
The Year of the Tiger: 1914, 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998
Tiger people are sensitive, given to deep thinking, capable of great sympathy. They can be extremely short-tempered, however. Other people have great respect for them, but sometimes tiger people come into conflict with older people or those in authority. sometimes Tiger people cannot make up their minds, which can result in a poor, hasty decision or a sound decision arrived at too late. They are suspicious of others, but they are courageous and powerful. Tigers are most compatible with Horses, Dragons, and Dogs.
I would say that describes Mac people...
I was actually born The Year of the Monkey...
That aside, I do think this is, to use the parlance of Steve Jobs, the year of Mac OS X. Lots and lots of people were waiting for Tiger to get their Mac Mini, or thier PowerBook, or their iBook. I wouldn't be suprised if Mac usage doubles this year!
The writing has been on the wall for quite some time, I just wish I bought some Apple stock when I first realized it about two years ago (the price has more than quadrupled since then).
Mac OS X doesn't appeal to everyone however. Dispite its ease of use, most people use Windows, and buy Windows based computers because it doesn't change much. Macs appeal to people that are excited by new features, power users, and unix heads.
- iTunes Dashboard Widget - June 9, 2005
- Amazon Search Dashboard Widget for Tiger - May 6, 2005
- Working with /etc/hosts on Mac - December 1, 2008
- Web Services Problems with ColdFusion 8 on a Mac - August 16, 2007
- Refurbished MacBooks, iPods, iBooks, and More - November 3, 2005
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee