The Genius of iPod Pricing
Who ever came up with the pricing on the iPod models is a genius. I was talking to a friend yesterday who was shopping for iPods. He was saying how he has no idea which model to get, because the next model up always offers more storage with a better price/storage ratio. And for just $50 more you can usually double your storage, or come close to it.
Take a look at the price per GB on the different models:
|Model||Price||Price per GB|
|iPod Shuffle 512MB||$100||$200|
|iPod Shuffle 1GB||$150||$150|
|iPod Mini 4GB||$200||$50|
|iPod Mini 6GB||$250||$41.67|
|iPod Photo 60GB||$450||$7.50|
Here's a graph:
The reason this pricing is genius, is because you can start out thinking you want a $100 ipod shuffle, and then you can logically justify going with the 60GB iPod photo (if your thinking about price/gb)
I told my friend the mini is probably a good bet for him, he is probably going to use it for the gym, and for driving most. I have a 15GB iPod and I only have only put about 8GB worth of songs on there, even though I have a lot of music, I don't need, or want it all on my ipod, I keep music I listen to often on there.
How full is your iPod?
- Facebook API Now Requires Review for user_friends Permission
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017