BlueDragon adds new Tags and Functions
New Atlanta's CFML engine BlueDragon was just given an upgrade to version 6.2 last week. BlueDragon has added tags that are not supported by Macromedia ColdFusion since version 3 of their product.
Here's a list of tags BlueDragon has added:
- CFCACHECONTENT - Partial page caching in a file or a database.
- CFFORWARD - Does a server side redirection (no client side location headers like cflocation)
- CFIMAP - check email in an IMAP account
- CFIMAGE - resize an image
- CFZIP - create and read zip files
- CFXMLRPC - invoke a method using XML RPC
- CFTHROTTLE - used to throttle requests, if your db or something can't handle the load.
- CFASSERT - a debugging tag that you can use to test an assertion (a boolean expression). If the assertion fails an exception is thrown.
- CFCONTINUE - jumps to the next iteration in a loop
- CFDEBUGGER - writes a line to a log file for each line CFML code that's has been executed
- CFBASE - creates an absolute URL that serves as the base for resolving relative URLs within a CFML page
- CFPAUSE - causes the page to sleep.
Here's a list of BlueDragon specific functions:
- Render - takes a string of CFML code and executes it.
- ListRemoveDuplicates - removes dups from a list
- QueryDeleteRow - removes a row from a query
- QuerySort - sorts a query
- GetHttpContext - BlueDragon.NET only - gives you the
- Assert - same as CFASSERT tag
Some people take issue that BlueDragon is creating tags that begin with CF. I don't have a big problem with it however. If your going to use a BlueDragon specific tag, in most cases your going to know that your doing so, you would also understand that your locking your self in, or going to have to recode it if you switch to Macromedia ColdFusion. It all depends on the application requirements. It would be nice if there were standards in CFML...