Usability Tip for Visited Link Colors
I have been messing around with some link colors on my dealazon site over the weekend, and I noticed that visited link colors we're really important.
So my tip is don't make a visited link color darker than the default link color. Here are the colors that I was using:
This is a regular link
This is a visited link
Using those colors my brain found it very hard to believe that the darker color was a visited link. For some reason I am used to lighter colors for visited links.
I tend to like silver as a vlink color, it works well with white backgrounds in pretty much all color schemes, and also makes it known that the link was clicked.
- Usability vs User Experience - June 28, 2006
- Cognitive Bias - January 18, 2006
- Stupid, Evil, and Lazy Design - July 5, 2005
- New Homepage Design - July 5, 2005
- Travis CI Error when installing oraclejdk8
- Tuning Tomcat IIS Connectors worker.properties and server.xml
- Push Tomcat logs with the AWS CloudWatch Logs Agent
- Sending nginx access logs to CloudWatch Logs Agent
- Setup CloudWatch Logs Agent on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config