Usability Tip for Visited Link Colors
I have been messing around with some link colors on my dealazon site over the weekend, and I noticed that visited link colors we're really important.
So my tip is don't make a visited link color darker than the default link color. Here are the colors that I was using:
This is a regular link
This is a visited link
Using those colors my brain found it very hard to believe that the darker color was a visited link. For some reason I am used to lighter colors for visited links.
I tend to like silver as a vlink color, it works well with white backgrounds in pretty much all color schemes, and also makes it known that the link was clicked.
- Usability vs User Experience - June 28, 2006
- Cognitive Bias - January 18, 2006
- Stupid, Evil, and Lazy Design - July 5, 2005
- New Homepage Design - July 5, 2005
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained