Parsing Atom Dates (ISO8601) in ColdFusion
Need to parse the dates in an Atom feed? Atom feeds use ISO 8601 formatted dates, something like this;
1994-11-05T08:15:30-05:00 with a UTC offset, or like this:
1994-11-05T13:15:30Z in GMT. You can come across both formats in an Atom feed, the
atom:modified element MUST have a timezone specified, while the
atom:issued element MAY specify a timezone.
Before getting too far, I checked CFLib's date library, and sure enough I found a function called DateConvertISO8601 by David Satz. From my limited testing the function seams to work well for parsing Atom / ISO8601 dates.
- Foundeo's 2007 End of the Year Sale - December 21, 2007
- AJAX Tutorial with Prototype - December 13, 2005
- SoloSub is for button addicts - October 6, 2005
- The Proper Content Type for XML Feeds - June 13, 2005
- XPath Tool - July 28, 2004
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides