Macromedia and New Atlanta on Expert Group
Macromedia and New Atlanta are both on the expert group of Java Specification Request (JSR) 223 - Scripting for the JavaTM Platform.
The JSR 223 specification defines the technologies and APIs Java developers can use to include scripting engines in their Java applications. In particular, with the JSR 223 technologies, pages written in scripting languages can be accepted into the J2EE framework, allowing application developers to take advantage of J2EE's powerful architecture and resources. The key underlying technology for JSR 223 is the Java Servlet specification. JSR 223 provides mechanisms for putting scripting languages in Java servlets.
This specification is slated to be part of Java 6.0. You can read more about Java 6.0 in David Flanagan's First Peek at Java 6.0
- Docker Container exited with code 137
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides