Apache mod_rewrite problems with ColdFusion
I have been trying to find the answer to an Apache mod_rewrite problem when using CFMX 6.1. I asked both the cf-linux list, and the cfguru list with no avail (Sean Corfield did suggest using mod_proxy to marshal requests to CF's builtin web server, but that was not ideal for my configuration).
Here's the issue, lets say you want to create search engine safe URLs that don't use file extensions - such as site.com/item/30/ which would redirect to something like: site.com/item.cfm?id=30. So I created a rewrite rule:
RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^/item/([0-9]).*$ /item.cfm?id=$1
After creating that rule, and visiting site.com/item/30/ It outputs the CFML source code to item.cfm! When I try something like site.com/item/30.cfm it works! So clearly CFMX is not able to process the file unless I add .cfm to the url. It is interesting to point out that If I use a php file instead of a cfm file, it works fine.
Next I mapped the * url patteren to CfmServlet in the web.xml file. This did nothing but stop php from working.
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2