Scott Meyers: Advice to Prospective Book Authors
It has lots of good advice for people considering writing a book. Here are some excerpts from the section on royalties:
You should have some other reason for writing a book than making money from it. A very good reason, I think, is to help establish your credibility as a consultant, or to otherwise use it as a kind of business card. ...authors should never keep track of how much time it takes them to write a book, because if they do, they'll be able to calculate how much they made per hour, and the result will almost certainly be depressing...
In general there are a lot of good tips and guidelines for working with publishers in this article. Some of these points would have been useful for me before writing The ColdFusion MX Developers Cookbook.
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2