MySQL Popular among ColdFusion Developers
After 163 votes, I've decided it's time to retire my poll: "What Database server do you use?"
- MySQL - 36% (60 votes)
- Microsoft SQL Server - 30% (50 votes)
- Oracle - 13% (22 votes)
- Microsoft Access - 7% (13 votes)
- PostgreSQL - 7% (12 votes)
It is interesting to note the MySQL and SQL Server both share roughly one third of the results, leaving the other third for competitors. Matt Woodward recently suggested that we should thank MySQL for the upcoming Free SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. While MSDE has been around for a while, SQL Server 2005 Express does decrease limitations, and is also branded with the SQL Server name, so I think Matt is correct in assuming that SQL Server Express is intended to compete with MySQL's market.
My new poll asks "What IDE do you use for CF Development?". I'm mostly interested in seeing how many people have switched to Eclipse, it seams like the CFEclipse users mailing list is getting busy, and lots of new features have just been added. But please vote.
- Tomcat Virtual Directory Howto
- Communications link failure MySQL JDBC with TLS
- Redirect www and non https in IIS using web.config
- Not authorized to perform: ssm:GetParameters
- What is the difference between ASCII Chr(10) and Chr(13)
- Fixinator and Foundeo Security Bundle
- Running CFML on AWS Lambda with FuseLess Slides
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee