Laszlo Vs Flex
Now that Laszlo is open source and Flex has a free Non-Commercial License it is safe to assume that we will be seeing increased interest in server side swf generation.
My question, and I'm sure many other people have this question is - Now that Laszlo is free (but you can still purchase support), what can Flex do that Laszlo can't? And also what can Laszlo do that Flex cannot?
The closest thing I found to a comparison is this forum thread on Laszlo's site. But it was posted while Flex was in Beta, so not much was said about flex - its also probably a bit Laszlo biased.
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
You might also like:
- Laszlo gripes resolved - April 7, 2005
- Macromedia Example Applications - June 16, 2005
- Macromedia Flex Hosting? - April 20, 2005
- Wasting Time with Laszlo - March 8, 2005
- Server Memory Flash Remoting Tool - August 30, 2004
Thanks for the reviews, I'm new to UI patterns/tools.
Can someone make Flex and Laszlo licensing issues more clear as I need a cheap and stable UI SDK for small scale application.
-- Anish Sneh