Parsing RSS 1.0 with ColdFusion MX
Well thanks to Sean Corfield I understand why I was having issues with namespaces when trying to parse RSS 1.0 with XPath.
If you have a document with namespaces such as RSS 1.0, you need to fully qualify name spaces in your XPath queries, such as:
/rdf:RDF/ - that makes sense, but what I didn't realize is that you still need to qualify the namespaces, when namespaces are used in the document for elements using the default namespace, such as item:
Like this? Follow me ↯Tweet Follow @pfreitag
Parsing RSS 1.0 with ColdFusion MX was first published on April 08, 2004.
If you like reading about rss, cfml, xml, xpath, corfield, coldfusion, or xmlsearch then you might also like:
- RSS and XPath
- Top 10 Underrated Functions in ColdFusion
- Foundeo's 2007 End of the Year Sale
- XPath Tool
- Parsing RSS with CFMX
- Dumping HTTP Servlet Request Attributes and Parameters in CF
- 6 ways to stay connected with other CF developers
- ColdFusion Function Arguments now support Integer
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.