Making Acrobat Reader 6 Fast!
By removing most of the plugins in the adobe acrobat folder, you can make Acrobat Start up significantly faster on windows. Using these instructions, it seams at least 3 times faster:
- From the Start->Run windows menu, Open the "x:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader" folder, where x is the right drive letter.
- Find the plug_ins folder and rename it plug_ins_disabled
- Create a new folder named plug_ins
- Copy the following files from "plug_ins_disabled" to "plug_ins": EWH32.api, printme.api, and search.api
Check out the article for some more info on the plugins, those three plugins seam to cover 99% of most peoples acrobat usage.
- Identity Theft - April 19, 2005
- Updating Java on ColdFusion or Lucee
- ColdFusion returning empty response with server-error: true
- Careful applying CF11u16, CF2016u8, CF2018u2
- Sessions don't work in Chrome but do in IE
- csrfVerifyToken does not invalidate the token
- The cf_sql_ is optional in cfqueryparam
- Cookie Expires / Max-Age 1969-12-31T23:59:59.000Z
- Burst Throttling on AWS API Gateway Explained