RSS Presentation Code and Slides
By Pete Freitag
Several people have asked me for the code samples and slides from my RSS presentation at the CFUnited conference (Working with RSS in ColdFusion). As promised, the slides and code examples are now up online.
The two main differences between these slides and the slides published in the cfunited conference book are first, the code examples are readable (all you can see is a black box in the book), and secondly, I added slides on CFFEED (new in ColdFusion 8).
Here are some links that were mentioned in the presentation:
- RSS Specification
- RSS Whitepaper from Yahoo
- ColdFusion 8 Beta - for CFFEED support
- Feed Parser UDF from foundeo - For parsing feeds, returns a simple query.
- RSS.cfc - parses and generates feeds - from Ray Camden
- Howto Create an RSS Feed - Tutorial from my blog.
- Adding RSS AutoDiscovery - HTML code to add to your pages that allows rss readers and browsers to find the url of your rss feed.
- text/xml vs application/rss+xml content types - a discussion on using text/xml vs application/rss+xml as the content type for an rss feed.
- Adding a CSS stylesheet to your rss feed
I will be posting my security presentation later today.
RSS Presentation Code and Slides was first published on July 09, 2007.
If you like reading about rss, cfunited, coldfusion, scorpio, cffeed, or presentations then you might also like:
- Writing Secure CFML Slides from CFUnited 2010
- ColdFusion Security Presentation Slides
- Speaking at ColdFusion Summit Online Next Week
- ColdFusion Summit 2022 Slides
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.