PostalMethods - Web Service for Snail Mail
By Pete Freitag
I just noticed PostalMethods a new SOAP web service / API for sending snail mail via the US Postal Service. This service is from the folks at InterFax who have a nice web service for sending Faxes as well.
It was nice to see that they have code samples for ColdFusion as well!
Some potential uses for this new service:
- Mailing Address Verification - you can send an automated letter with a personalized code, and have them enter in the code to your web site.
- Security Notifications - You can send a letter to a users mailing address, when the account email or password is changed for verification purposes.
- Promotional Codes - Setup a scheduled task that runs through your customers and sends out a certain amount of coupons each month.
- Lots More - What would you use it for?
PostalMethods - Web Service for Snail Mail was first published on July 27, 2008.
If you like reading about mail, web services, api, or soap then you might also like:
- REST vs SOAP Web Services
- ColdFusion SOAP Web Services and onRequestStart
- Going from SOAP to REST Web Services
- Web Services Problems with ColdFusion 8 on a Mac
The FuseGuard Web Application Firewall for ColdFusion & CFML is a high performance, customizable engine that blocks various attacks against your ColdFusion applications.