Building iPhone Android Apps with jQuery Mobile and PhoneGap Slides
I gave a presentation to my local ColdFusion users group in December on Building Mobile Apps for iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) and Android devices using jQuery Mobile, and PhoneGap. The presentation focused more on jQueryMobile than PhoneGap, since phonegap is pretty straight forward once you have setup an example project. You can find the jQueryMobile PhoneGap Slides here and the code samples.
Overall PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile make a great combo for any web developer looking to get into mobile application development.
Here's an iPhone App I built for one of my clients using PhoneGap and jQuery Mobile to allow members of their site Golf Score Keeper to track their golf scores and stats on their Phone. Android version will be coming soon.
I'm also using jQuery Mobile with PhoneGap to build a mileage tracking & reimbursement app.
- Getting Started with jQuery Mobile - October 29, 2010
- Blackberry WebWorks AJAX Problems - May 9, 2011
- Howto Distribute an iPhone App for Testing - January 27, 2011
- HTML5 Input Type Keyboards on iPhone & Android Devices - November 15, 2010
- Howto Install and Run the Android Emulator - August 20, 2010
- Writing Secure CFML cfObjective 2013 Slides
- Upgrading to Java 7 on Linux
- J2EE Sessions in CF10 Uses Secure Cookies
- Learn about ColdFusion Security at cfObjective 2013
- Session Loss and Session Fixation in ColdFusion
- FuseGuard 2.3 Released
- CKEditor Spell Checker Plugin
- Adobe Says Go Ahead and Upgrade your ColdFusion JVM