Amazon S3 Storage Engine for MySQL
I got an email today from O'Reilly today about the MySQL Conference (coming up at the end in April), it looks like a pretty good conference, but one of the sessions caught my eye. It was called A Storage Engine for Amazon S3.
Amazon's S3 is a web apt-oriented storage service, making storage available to both ordinary HTTP browsers and to sophisticated applications via SOAP and REST interfaces. Learn how useful it is to make this storage accessable to MySQL users via a plug-in storage engine.
I did some quick googling but I couldn't find the plugin, so I am guessing that it will be released at the conference. Anyone have a link?
This gets interesting when combine this with Amazon EC2, because you are not charged for bandwidth from within amazon's network, and you are connected to S3 on a fast network.
- Amazon's EC2 and S3 to take on Google? - August 28, 2006
- Firefox Aurora now Supports Content Security Policy 1.0
- Writing Secure CFML cfObjective 2013 Slides
- Upgrading to Java 7 on Linux
- J2EE Sessions in CF10 Uses Secure Cookies
- Learn about ColdFusion Security at cfObjective 2013
- Session Loss and Session Fixation in ColdFusion
- FuseGuard 2.3 Released
- CKEditor Spell Checker Plugin