GoogleBot Runs AJAX?
I saw this curious line in my log files today:
22.214.171.124 - - [06/Dec/2006:17:00:50 +0000] "POST /suggest.cfm HTTP/1.1" 200 232 "-" "Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)"
That's GoogleBot doing a
POST operation to
suggest.cfm, which is what happens when you type in the text box on cssdocs.org, it sends a HTTP post request to suggest.cfm using AJAX / XmlHttpRequest
Update: It turns out that this was someone spoofing their user agent.
- Googlebot to Submit Web Forms - April 23, 2008
- Quick Google CDN jQuery Tip - January 13, 2011
- jQuery UI Sortable Tutorial - January 7, 2010
- Ajax Same Origin Policy No More with Firefox 3.5 - June 30, 2009
- Firefox Aurora now Supports Content Security Policy 1.0
- Writing Secure CFML cfObjective 2013 Slides
- Upgrading to Java 7 on Linux
- J2EE Sessions in CF10 Uses Secure Cookies
- Learn about ColdFusion Security at cfObjective 2013
- Session Loss and Session Fixation in ColdFusion
- FuseGuard 2.3 Released
- CKEditor Spell Checker Plugin