ColdFusion on the TIOBE index
My brother sent me a link to the TIOBE index which has ColdFusion at #13 (up from #26 last year). According to the site:
The TIOBE Programming Community index gives an indication of the popularity of programming languages. The ratings are based on the world-wide availability of skilled engineers, courses and third party vendors.
The index can be used to check whether your programming skills are still up to date or to make a strategic decision about what programming language should be adopted when starting to build a new software system.
Java currently holds the number 1 spot, with PHP at number 4, Perl at 6, and Ruby at 22 (I'm sure ruby has gained quite a bit in the last year as well).
I'm not sure how scientific this index is, but is interesting to note the changes in position.
- Cheat Sheet Roundup - Over 30 Cheatsheets for developers - September 1, 2005
- Adobe Says Go Ahead and Upgrade your ColdFusion JVM - October 24, 2012
- HashDOS and ColdFusion - December 31, 2011
- Using AntiSamy with ColdFusion - August 5, 2010
- OutOfMemoryError - GC overhead limit exceeded - March 25, 2010
- Writing Secure CFML cfObjective 2013 Slides
- Upgrading to Java 7 on Linux
- J2EE Sessions in CF10 Uses Secure Cookies
- Learn about ColdFusion Security at cfObjective 2013
- Session Loss and Session Fixation in ColdFusion
- FuseGuard 2.3 Released
- CKEditor Spell Checker Plugin
- Adobe Says Go Ahead and Upgrade your ColdFusion JVM