Rob Cameron has just released version 0.1 of ColdFusion on Wheels a MVC framework for ColdFusion, and inspired by Ruby on Rails.
I think a framework like this that can do lots the grunt work for you, is a great match for ColdFusion. Lets not forget while you can build very complex enterprise applications with ColdFusion, most developers are building really simple web sites. ColdFusion's strength is that it is a very abstract, and easy to use language - it should have frameworks that can leverage these strengths.
Rob thanks for taking the initiative!
- CF on Rails - July 24, 2005
- Jobs: ColdFusion vs Ruby - January 22, 2006
- Exploring Ruby on Rails - March 31, 2005
- ColdFusion on the TIOBE index - March 18, 2006
- Cheat Sheet Roundup - Over 30 Cheatsheets for developers - September 1, 2005
- Apache Security Patches on CentOS / RHEL
- FuseGuard 2.4 Released
- New HackMyCF Features
- Blocking .svn and .git Directories on Apache or IIS
- CFDocs site now Open Source
- Getting Size of Heap and Non Heap Memory in CFML
- Firefox Aurora now Supports Content Security Policy 1.0
- Writing Secure CFML cfObjective 2013 Slides