New Homepage Design
I redesigned my homepage last week. My goal was to help readers find some of my older posts that may be interesting.
So to start, I added a prominent search box at the top left, I simply use google's search my site for this feature. I may end up switching to CFX_Google so that the search results will stay on my site.
Below the tags I list the top rated entries on my site. These are picked via a democratic voting form found on each blog entry. I can also use this feature to find out what posts you don't like, though I won't feature those on the main page.
Under the top rated entries I list recent comments posted to my site.
Finally below that I make my RSS feed stand out, it can often be very difficult to find someone's rss feed.
I am considering adding randomly selected entries to the home page as well.
What do you think?
- Usability vs User Experience - June 28, 2006
- Cognitive Bias - January 18, 2006
- Fresh coat of paint - August 19, 2005
- Stupid, Evil, and Lazy Design - July 5, 2005
- Usability Tip for Visited Link Colors - March 21, 2005
- Why is my cron.daily script not running?
- Announcing FuseGuard Version 3
- CFSummit 2017
- Java Unlimited Strength Crypto Policy for Java 9 or 1.8.0_151
- Java 9 Security Enhancements
- Upcoming CFML Conferences in April 2017
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides