Guestimating blog feed readers
I don't have any fancy way of finding out how many people read my RSS feed, but one way of getting a rough idea is by assuming that every reader downloads the feed every hour. From my web stats I can see how many times my rss feed has been downloaded in a month. So assume I had 100,000 hits on my rss feed in 30 days (720 hours):
100,000 / 720 ~= 138 readers
This is pretty rough but it gives me a better metric than 100,000 hits.
FeedBurner actually does a good job of solving this problem. But I want to keep my feed on my server for now.
- Finding Feed subscribers from the User Agent - July 25, 2005
- FeedBurner Awareness API - June 22, 2005
- Using FeedBurner dwlt.thinksOutLoud
- CFSummit 2016 Slides
- Securing Legacy CFML - dev.Objective() 2016 Slides
- My CFSummit 2015 Slide Decks
- Adding Chrome Custom Search for CFDocs
- Disable Flash Remoting on ColdFusion Servers
- HackMyCF Adds SSL/TLS Scanner
- IncompatibleClassChangeError after ColdFusion 11 Update 5
- Scope Injection in CFML